about the recipe
When you are looking to enjoy the season's best flavors, it doesn’t get any better than this Caprese Pasta Salad. It is light and refreshing but oh so satisfying. The acidity of the vinegar helps to bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes, while the creaminess of the cheese provides a delicious contrast. Finish it off with fresh basil, and be prepared for a party in your mouth.
– 1 recipe balsamic vinaigrette – 16 ounces cavatappi pasta – 1 pound cherry tomatoes halved – 1 pound mini mozzarella balls – ⅓ cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives – ⅓ cup fresh basil sliced thin – Flakey salt and pepper to taste
– Make the balsamic vinaigrette according to the recipe.
– Cook the cavatappi according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
– Drain again. – Transfer to a bowl and add the tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and kalamata olives.
– Toss with the desired amount of dressing.
– Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
– Top with fresh basil, flakey salt,l and freshly ground black pepper just before serving.