about the recipe
Cast Iron Chicken Thighs are perfectly crispy on the outside and wonderfully juicy on the inside. It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, and you will have a meal that everyone will love.
– 2 ½ pounds bone-in skin on chicken thighs – 2 teaspoons sea salt – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon black pepper – 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other high-heat oil – 1 lemon cut into slices
– Preheat the oven to 425 ° F. – Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel.
– In a small bowl, mix together the salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Spread over the chicken thighs.
– Add the chicken thighs to the pan with the skin side down; cook for 5 minutes.
– Turn the thighs over and top with the lemon slices. – Place the pan in the oven, and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, until an instant read thermometer registers 165° F.
– Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.