about the recipe
This Cast Iron Meatloaf is a delightful blend of savory and hearty flavors, baked to perfection in our trusty cast iron skillet. The result? A deliciously tender and juicy texture that will have your family asking for seconds. So, roll up your sleeves as we walk you through each step of this simple yet satisfying recipe. Plan ahead; this meatloaf needs about 45 minutes to bake, but trust us, it's well worth the wait!
– ⅔ cup crushed saltine crackers – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – 2 eggs beaten – ¼ cup whole milk – ¼ cup ketchup – 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar – 2 pounds ground beef For the Glaze – ½ cup ketchup – 1 tablespoon soy sauce – 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon brown sugar – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. Brush a 10” cast iron skillet with oil. – In a large bowl, stir together the crackers, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
– Add the eggs, milk, ketchup, mustard, and vinegar and stir to combine. Add the meat and mix with clean hands until combined. – Transfer the mixture to the prepared skillet.
– While the meatloaf is baking, whisk together the ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. Remove from the oven. Use paper towels to blot any excess oil.
– Brush the top of the meatloaf with the glaze.
– Please under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes until caramelized.
– Serve with any remaining glaze. – Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.