about the recipe
Love grits? This Cheese Grits Casserole is for you! This savory breakfast recipe is perfect for brunch, and it's sure to please the whole family. Make this once, and you will be hooked!
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 8 x 8 casserole dish. – Bring the water or broth and salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
– Add the grits slowly, stirring constantly as you go. Once the grits are all added, add the Worcestershire, Tabasco, garlic powder, and black pepper.
– Reduce the heat to low, and cover. Cook for 25 minutes, whisking occasionally to prevent lumps.
– Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of the cheese. Stir until it is melted and allow to cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs.
– Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
– Bake for 35 minutes, until browned.