about the recipe
Weekday meal prep breakfast or holiday brunch? Either way, you are going to love this recipe for Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole! It is cheesy comfort food that never goes out of style.
– 2 tablespoons butter divided – 2 pounds frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed – 6 large eggs – 1 ⅓ cups whole milk – 1 ½ cups sour cream – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon onion powder – 1 teaspoon salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. – Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
– Arrange the potatoes at the bottom of the prepared baking dish and dot them with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
– Whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
– Pour over the potato mixture and then top with the cheese. – Cover with foil.
– Bake for 50 minutes. – Remove the foil, and cook for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
– Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.