about the recipe
Simple dinners don't get any better than these Chicken Quesadillas! Perfectly seasoned chicken and vegetables are lightly charred and sandwiched between two layers of cheese inside a crispy tortilla. Finish it off with your favorite fixings for a deliciously easy meal the family will ask for again and again.
– 1 pound chicken breast cubed – 2 tablespoons taco seasoning – Oil to coat pan or griddle – 1 yellow onion diced – 1 red bell pepper diced – 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce diced fine – 8 ounces shredded cheese – 4 flour tortillas burrito sized – For Serving: Salsa, Sour Cream, Avocado, Cilantro
– Place the chicken breast cubes in a large bowl and toss with the taco seasoning.
– Heat a heavy skillet to medium-high heat. – Add oil to the pan, and then add the chicken. – Cook, stirring often, for 7 minutes.
– Add the onion, bell pepper, and chipotle chili pepper.
– Cook until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about another 5 to 7 minutes.
– Transfer the meat and vegetables to a clean bowl.
– Reduce the heat to medium-low. – Add additional oil to the skillet and add the tortillas. Sprinkle with some of the cheese, the meat and vegetable mixture, and then another sprinkle of cheese.
– Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges. – Serve with the desired toppings.