about the recipe
Craving something comforting and delicious? Look no further than this classic chicken spinach manicotti! Our recipe combines tender chicken, spinach, and cheese-stuffed manicotti noodles all topped with tomato sauce for a meal that is sure to satisfy everyone. With its creamy texture and hearty flavors, it's the perfect dish for a cozy weeknight dinner or special family gathering. So, turn on the oven and get ready to enjoy this delicious Italian classic - your taste buds won't regret it!
– 1-8 oz package dried manicotti – 15 ounces ricotta cheese – 1 ½ cups cooked diced chicken – 8 ounces frozen spinach thawed and drained well – 8 ounces shredded mozzarella divided – 4 ounces shredded parmesan – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 cups marinara divided- like crockpot marinara
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. Coat a 9 x 13 -inch casserole dish with cooking spray. – Cook manicotti in salted water according to package directions. Avoid stirring to make sure that the pasta stays whole. Drain.
– While the pasta cooks, combine the ricotta, chicken, spinach, 1 cup of mozzarella, parmesan, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
– Spread ½ cup of the sauce on the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
– Fill each manicotti with the ricotta mixture and arrange in the dish in a single layer.
– Top with the remaining 1 ½ cups marinara and remaining mozzarella.
– Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until melted and bubbly. – Let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh herbs to garnish, and serve warm.