about the recipe
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies are a crowd-pleasing favorite that work for after school, the holidays, and everything in between. Hearty oats make these cookies filling while the cranberries add a bright flavor that is both sweet and tangy. This is a cookie that everyone loves.
– ¾ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature – 1 cup granulated sugar – ½ cup brown sugar – 1 egg at room temperature – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – 2 cups all-purpose flour – 2 cups old-fashioned oats – 1 teaspoon baking powder – ¾ teaspoon baking soda – ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon – ½ teaspoon salt – 1 ½ cups chopped dried cranberries
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. – In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 2 minutes.
– Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds.
– Whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in another bowl.
– Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the cranberries.
– Use a cookie scoop to measure the cookies, roll them into balls, and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
– Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter. – Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with the blue cheese and scallions.