about the recipe
Do you love creamy, decadent dishes? If you answered yes, then creamed spinach with cream cheese is a dish you'll want to try. This classic side dish is made with simple ingredients, but it's packed with flavor. You can serve creamed spinach as a side dish at your next dinner party, potluck, or holiday celebration and watch it disappear!
– In batches, rinse the spinach well and add to a large pan over medium-high heat.
– Cover and steam for 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander and repeat with the remaining spinach.
– When all of the spinach is cool enough to handle, place in a clean dish towel and press to remove as much water as possible.
– Transfer to a cutting board and chop.
– Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
– Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
– Next, add the garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute longer.
– Pour in the half and half and cook for 3 more minutes. – Add the diced cream cheese, and cook until the cream cheese melts, about 6 minutes, whisking often.
– Return the spinach to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and then taste. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
– Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.