about the recipe
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes (also known as funeral potatoes) are the perfect side dish for any meal! They are easy enough for a weeknight family meal but delicious enough for a special occasion. The slow cooker does all the work in this recipe - just add your ingredients and let it work its magic.
– 3 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced (or frozen diced potatoes) – 1 onion diced – 10 ¾ ounces cream of chicken soup – 1 cup sour cream – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided – Cooking spray or butter for greasing your crockpot
– Coat your crockpot with cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
– Place the diced potatoes and onion in your slow cooker, and stir to combine.
– Whisk together the chicken soup, sour cream, garlic, powder, salt, and pepper in a large bow.
– Pour over the potatoes and stir to combine.
– Add 1 ½ cups of the cheese, and stir to combine.
– Cook over low heat for 4 to 6 hours, or high for 2 to 3, until the potatoes are fork tender.
– Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese, and cover until the cheese melts.