about the recipe
Easy Crockpot Hot Chocolate is the best hot cocoa you have ever had! This dump and go recipe is sure to be the star of your next fall or holiday gathering. Try it once, and I think you will agree - it is so good.
– 4 cups Milk regular or dairy free – 27 ounces canned coconut milk (2 - 13.5 ounce cans) – ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve or sweetener of choice – 5.3 ounce semi-sweet chocolate – ½ teaspoon vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon peppermint extract more or less to taste (optional)
– Add milk, coconut milk, cocoa powder, sweetener, chocolate, vanilla extract and peppermint extract to the slow cooker.
– Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 house, stirring occasionally.
Variations – In place of the chocolate bar and peppermint extract, use mint chocolate.
– Make this keto by using heavy cream in place of the milk and coconut milk.
– Omit the peppermint extract and inside add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon ground ginger for Spiced Hot Chocolate.
Stovetop Instructions If you don't have a crockpot, you can make this on the stovetop. To do this, warm milk, canned coconut milk, cocoa powder, and Swerve sweetener in a saucepan, stirring frequently. Whisk in chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Ladle into mugs and garnish with whipped cream and peppermint sticks.