about the recipe
If you are looking for an easy and hassle-free way to make the best mashed potatoes, you are going to love these Crockpot mashed potatoes. This method is perfect for those busy days when you don’t have the time to stand over the stovetop. These slow cooker mashed potatoes are delicious, creamy, and so simple to prepare.
– 2 1/2 cups broth – 5 pounds russet potatoes peeled and sliced about ¼ inch thick – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 1/4 cup butter melted For Finishing – 1/4 cup butter diced – 4 ounces cream cheese diced – 1/2 cup sour cream – 1/4 teaspoon sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– Bring the broth to a boil in the microwave or on the stove. – Place the peeled, sliced potatoes in the crockpot and pour the liquid on top of them. Season with the salt and pepper
– Brush the potatoes with the melted putter.
– Place a large sheet of parchment paper on top of the potatoes. Press it down, covering as needed. – Place the lid on your slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or low for 5 to 6 hours.
– Discard the parchment and add the remaining ¼ cup of butter to the slow cooker.
– Mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
– Add the cream cheese to the slow cooker and place the lid back on for a few minutes to allow the cheese to soften. – Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper until combined.