about the recipe
Looking for a recipe that is both flavorful and easy to prepare? This easy Crockpot Meatloaf is your answer! With just a few simple steps, you can create a tender and juicy meatloaf that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table. The simple homemade glaze on top takes the flavors of this classic comfort food to the next level - adding a touch of sweetness and tanginess that perfectly complements the savory meatloaf. Best of all, cooking this dish in the crockpot means you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what you love.
Meatloaf – 30 saltine crackers – 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt – 2 large eggs – ¼ cup whole milk – 3 tablespoons soy sauce – 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar – 2 pounds ground beef Glaze – ½ cup ketchup – 3 tablespoons light brown sugar – 1 tablespoon soy sauce – 1 teaspoon dijon mustard.
– Line the bottom and two of the sides of your slow cooker with heavy duty foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
– Place the saltines in a zip top bag. Seal, and use a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet to crush fine.
– Transfer to a bowl. Whisk in the parmesan, garlic powder, and salt.
– Add the eggs, milk, soy sauce, and vinegar and mix until a paste forms.
– Put the meat in a large bowl. Add the paste and mix with your hands until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
– Transfer the mixture to the prepared slow cooker, and form into a loaf.
– Make the glaze by combining the ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and mustard in a small bowl. Divide the mixture in half.
– Brush the meatloaf with half on the glaze. – Cook on low for 6 hours.
– Carefully lift the meatloaf from the slow cooker by using the foil. Transfer to a large baking dish.
– Top with the remaining glaze. – Broil until the glaze is bubbly.