about the recipe
This Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole is a delicious side dish perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas, yet easy enough for weeknight family dinners. With its creamy interior and gooey marshmallow topping, this casserole combines simple ingredients with the magic of slow cooking to create a mouthwatering masterpiece.
– 3 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and diced – 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk – ¾ cup chicken broth – 2 tablespoons butter – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 1 teaspoon cinnamon – 3 eggs beaten – ½ cup brown sugar – 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
– Place the cubed sweet potatoes in your slow cooker.
– Add the evaporated milk, chicken broth, butter, salt, and cinnamon.
– Using a potato masher, mash the sweet potatoes. Stir in the eggs and brown sugar.
– Top with the marshmallows.
– Cover and cook for 1 more hour on low.