about the recipe
There's nothing quite like the aroma of slow-cooked meat filling your home. And let's be real, there are few things better than knowing you have a delicious dinner waiting for you at the end of the day. That's where Dutch oven brisket comes in! With just a little bit of prep work upfront, you can let your oven do the heavy lifting and enjoy a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth brisket for dinner. In this blog post, we'll guide you through how to make the perfect brisket recipe in the Dutch oven, with tips and tricks to ensure it turns out tender and flavorful every time.
– 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning – 1 tablespoon light brown sugar – 1 tablespoon sea salt – 1 3-5-pound beef brisket, trimmed – 2 tablespoons avocado oil – 2 onions sliced – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – ½ cup beef broth – 1 cup BBQ sauce – 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce – 1 tablespoon soy sauce – 1 tablespoon cornstarch optional
– Combine the BBQ seasoning, brown sugar, and salt in a small dish. Rub the mixtures on top of the meat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
– Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. – Add the oil to the pan and heat to medium-high heat. Add the brisket and sear for about 5-minutes per side.
– Remove the brisket from the pan. Add the onion and cook for 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Pour the broth in the pot and scrape up any browned bits.
– Remove from the heat.
– Return the meat to the pot. Whisk together the BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Pour over the brisket.
– Cover and cook for 4 to 4 ½ hours.
– Remove the meat from the pot. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes
– Whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and pour into the pot. Place the pot over medium heat and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
– Slice and serve.