about the recipe
If you're looking for an easy and delicious side dish, look no further than Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes. This recipe is so easy to make and will have your friends and family asking for it time and again. With just a handful of simple ingredients, this flavorful and satisfying dish will become a staple in your kitchen.
– 2 pounds red potatoes cut into 2-inch pieces – 6 cloves garlic peeled – 2 bay leaves – 1 teaspoon sea salt divided – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 5 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature – ¾ cup milk more or less to desired consistency
– Put the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. – Add the bay leaves and ½ teaspoon of the salt to the water.
– Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
– Drain and discard the bay leaves.
– Stir in the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
– Add the butter and mash until the butter is incorporated. – Stir in the milk, ¼ cup at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved.