about the recipe
If you like homemade meals with minimal work, you are going to go wild for this Grilled Chipotle Chicken! With a spicy, zippy marinade, be prepared for mouthfuls that will delight. Use your Ninja Foodi Grill or make this outdoors - either way, you have an easy weeknight meal.
– ⅓ cup avocado oil – 3 tablespoons lime juice – 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce chopped – 1 tablespoon adobo sauce – 1 tablespoon chili powder – 1 teaspoon ground cumin – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 16 ounces boneless chicken breast
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, lime juice, chipotle chili, adobo sauce, chili powder, ground cumin, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. (You can also use a blender or mason jar to mix the marinade.) – Place the chicken in a shallow dish or zip-top bag.
– Pour all but 3 tablespoons of the marinade over the chicken. Reserve the remaining marinade.
– Allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to four hours. – Drain the marinade and discard.
– Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high heat. – Grill, covered, for 7 minutes. Flip and brush with the reserved marinade.