about the recipe
Looking for a way to elevate your mashed potato game? Look no further than Gruyere mashed potatoes! Follow along, and I’ll show you how to make creamy and delicious classic mashed potatoes with a cheesy twist. With our step-by-step instructions and helpful tips, you'll be able to create a side dish that's as impressive as it is tasty.
– 4 pounds yellow potatoes – ⅓ cup butter sliced – ¾ cup to 1 cup of whole milk – 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 cups shredded gruyere cheese 8 ounces
– Peel your potatoes and cut them into chunks. Place in a large pot of salted water. – Bring the potatoes to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
– Drain. Return the potatoes to the pot over low heat to dry.
– Remove from the head and add the butter slices.
– Add ¾ cup of whole milk, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then add the cheese.