about the recipe
There's something truly magical about the crackle and pop of fresh popcorn as it transforms into deliciously fun Halloween treats. Our quick and easy Halloween Popcorn Balls recipe comes together in just 25 minutes. With a handful of simple ingredients and a few fun steps, you can have these sweet and salty popcorn balls ready to delight your trick-or-treaters or party guests in no time.
– 1 tablespoon oil – ¼ cup popcorn kernels – 2 tablespoons unsalted butter – ½ teaspoon sea salt. – 2 ¼ cups mini marshmallows – Orange food coloring optional – ¾ cup halloween candy candy corn, m&m’s – ¼ cup halloween sprinkles optional
– Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. – Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the popcorn and cover. Cook for about 4 minutes, shaking frequently. When the popping stops, remove the pan from the heat. Toss with the salt.
– Alternatively, cook your popcorn in a popcorn maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
– Melt the butter over low heat. – Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
– If desired, stir in a few drops of food coloring. – Remove from the heat, and stir in the popcorn making sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
– Add the candy to the pot, and stir.
– Allow the mixture to cool for a couple of minutes, and then form into 10 balls.
– Roll the balls the sprinkles, and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Press in straws or cake pop sticks if desired.
– Allow to sit until firm. It will take an hour for them to fully firm up, but they can be enjoyed after 10 minutes.