about the recipe
Imagine coming home to the mouthwatering aroma of chicken thighs slow-cooking in a savory garlic soy honey glaze. Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs take less than 10 minutes of prep time and deliver tender, succulent chicken bathed in a delicious garlic soy honey glaze at dinnertime. When you need a fuss-free dinner, this easy crockpot meal is perfect.
– 2 pounds bone in chicken thighs – 2 teaspoons sea salt – ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – ¼ cup butter divided – 1 tablespoon avocado oil – ¼ cup Honey – ¼ cup Soy sauce – ¼ cup Chicken broth – 2 tablespoons Whole grain mustard – 1 teaspoon minced garlic
– Pat the chicken thighs dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
– Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
– Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. – Transfer to the slow cooker, skin side up.
– Pour over the chicken.
– Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the chicken is 165° F before serving.