about the recipe
Need to learn how to cook quinoa? Use this fail-proof method for cooking perfect fluffy quinoa every time. It is easy to make, loaded with nutrition, and perfect for meal prep. Use this simple recipe once and you may never make it any other way again.
– 1 tablespoon olive oil – ½ cup diced onion – ¼ cup diced celery – ¼ cup diced carrots – 1 cup quinoa – 1.25 cups broth use milk or juice for sweet quinoa
– Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. – Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until tender.
– While the aromatics are cooking, rinse quinoa in a fine metal strainer with running water for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the water runs clear. – If the saucepan is dry, add another tablespoon of oil.
– Add quinoa and toast it for 3 to 4 minutes. – Add broth to the pan.
– Bring to a simmer and then reduce to low. – Cover and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
– Turn off the heat, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs if desired.
– Let sit covered for an additional five minutes. Fluff and add to your favorite dishes. – How to Cool It: If you are going to be sorting in the refrigerator, place on a rimmed baking sheet and allow to cool before transferring to a storage container.