about the recipe
Hands off risotto? Yes, please! This hearty Instant Pot Butternut Squash Risotto is the perfect easy dinner! Made with simple ingredients with a kick of white wine, this luxurious dish only tastes decadent.
– 2 cups Rice Arborio is best – 4 cups vegetable broth divided – 1 cup white wine – 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or unsalted butter – 1 yellow onion diced – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – 15 ounces butternut squash puree – 1 teaspoon salt – 1 teaspoon pepper – 2 tablespoons fresh sage – 4 ounces Parmesan cheese freshly grated - rennet free to keep it vegetarian
– Place rice, 2 cups of broth, and 1 cup white wine in a bowl. Use a whisk and stir for about 20 seconds. Drain, reserving the liquid. – Select sauté and preheat your Pressure Cooker.
– Add olive oil and onion and sauté for 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another two minutes. – Add the rice to your Instant Pot, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. – Measure out the reserved broth and wine that you rinsed the rice with. Add enough broth so that you have a total of 4 cups of liquid.
– Stir in butternut squash puree, salt, pepper and cooking liquid. – Place the lid on your Pressure Cooker and make sure that it is sealed for pressure.
– Return the Pressure Cooker to the saute mode. – Saute the rice for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring briskly. Add the reserved broth, ¼ cup at a time, only if it is needed.