about the recipe
These easy Instant Pot chicken drumsticks are juicy, tender, and lightly seasoned with a simple blend of smoked paprika and garlic powder. They're quick to cook, too, ready within 30 minutes! In this post, instructions for cooking thawed chicken legs and how to cook chicken legs from frozen are shared. If you want extra-crispy skin on the outside, just toss the chicken drumsticks under your air-crisp lid or under the broiler.
– 3 ½ pounds chicken drumsticks – 1 tablespoon sea salt – 2 teaspoons smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 1 cup chicken broth
– Pat the drumsticks dry with paper towels.
– In a small bowl, combine the salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper.
– Coat the chicken with the seasoning mixture.
– Pour the broth into the pot.
– Place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the drumsticks on top of it. Seal the Instant Pot lid and set it to high pressure for 10 minutes. (12-minutes for frozen chicken legs)
– When the time is up allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. (If you want fall off the bone tender meat, allow it to release naturally.) If desired, use the air crisp lid or broiler to crisp up the skin.