about the recipe
Instant Pot Chili Mac is super-quick to make and flavor-packed! It is what I make when I want serious flavors and don’t have much time. This recipe takes all the flavors of the chili mac you grew up on and elevates them into a delicious crave-worthy meal. Comfort food at its best!
– 16 ounces ground beef – 1 chopped onion – 1 red pepper seeded and diced – 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic – 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder – 1 tablespoon ground cumin – 2 teaspoons dried oregano – 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 ½ cups beef broth divided – 10- ounces canned diced tomatoes with green chiles – 15- ounces tomato sauce – 1 pound of uncooked elbow noodles – 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese divided
– Cook until the ground beef is browned. Drain any excess fat.
– Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, and black pepper. Cook for one minute.
Tomatoes and broth on top of seasoned ground beef and vegetables in an Instant Pot.
– Add the elbow noodles, and press down to ensure they are submerged. (But do not stir.) – Place the lid on your pot, and select manual pressure cook. Set the timer to 3 minutes.
– When the time is up, do a quick release. – Stir well until the sauce begins to thicken.
– Add 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese and stir until it melts. – Top with additional cheese, and enjoy.