about the recipe
Whether you are looking for a tasty and easy side for Thanksgiving or Christmas or something for a weeknight meal, you are going to love these Instant Pot Green Beans. Thanks to the magic of butter and garlic, it only takes a few ingredients to turn an ordinary veggie into something special.
For Cooking – 1 pound fresh green beans ends trimmed – 1 tablespoon olive oil – 1 tablespoon lemon juice – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper For Finishing – 1 ½ tablespoons butter – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
– Rinse and trim your green beans. Place them in a large bowl and toss them with the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
– Place in the steamer basket for your Instant Pot. – Place 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot and place the basket on top of the water.
– Close the lid and set it to sealing. Select manual high pressure, and set the timer to 0 minutes. – When the Instant Pot reaches pressure, hit cancel and naturally release the pressure.
– Carefully remove the steamer basket and the inner basket. – Discard the water and return the inner pot to the Instant Pot.
– Select high saute, and add the butter to the pot.
– When the butter is melted, add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. – Return the green beans and toss well. Sprinkle with the lemon pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.