about the recipe
Whip up a creamy and indulgent Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese in just 25 minutes using our straightforward, step-by-step instructions. This comforting dish combines tender pasta, rich cream cheese, salty parmesan, and gooey cheddar for an irresistible meal. Prepared entirely in the Instant Pot, this delectable three-cheese mac and cheese boast a velvety smooth texture and punchy flavors that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
– 3 cups broth – 16 ounces elbow noodles – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 1 teaspoon ground mustard – ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – 1 ½ cups whole milk – 8 ounces cream cheese cubed – 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese plus more for topping – 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
– Pour the broth into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Add the pasta, salt, mustard, and black pepper.
– Close the lid and set your Instant Pot to manual, HIGH PRESSURE for 4 minutes.
– When the time is up, do a quick release of the remaining pressure. Open the pot and stir in the milk. Add the cream cheese, and stir until it is fully incorporated. Add the cheddar and parmesan and stir.
– Put the lid on and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes.
– Stir well to fully incorporate.
– If you like, you can add more cheese on top and either allow it to melt by placing the lid on, or use your Instant Pot air crisp lid to melt it.