about the recipe
Mashed Sweet Potatoes are not only a holiday favorite; they are something that can be enjoyed throughout the year. These Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes are buttery and creamy with a subtle hint of sweet heat. They are easy to make, and the whole family will love them. Make this and be prepared for clean plates all around!
– 2 pounds sweet potatoes – ¾ cup water – ½ cup whole milk – ¼ cup unsalted butter – 1 tablespoon brown sugar – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder or cayenne pepper – For topping: pecans
– Peel your sweet potatoes and cut them into chunks. – Place the potatoes in your steamer basket.
– Pour the water into the bottom of the pot and place the steamer basket on top of it. – Set your Instant Pot to Manual on high pressure for 8 minutes.
– When the cooking time is up, let the steam release naturally for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release.
– Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
– Add the milk, butter, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and chipotle chili powder.
– Beat with a hand mixer, immersion blender, or potato masher until they reach your desired consistency.