about the recipe
This Instant Pot Potato Salad with red potatoes is light and delicious. With a lemony olive oil based dressing, the bright flavors are nothing like the heavy potato salads you are used to. One bite, and you will fall in love.
Potatoes – 3 pounds baby red potatoes cut into cubes – 2 cups water or vegetable broth – 2 teaspoons sea salt Vinaigrette – ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons spicy mustard or dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar – 1 lemon juice and zest – ¼ cup chopped parsley or dill – ½ teaspoon minced garlic – ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper – Salt and Pepper to taste Potato Salad – ½ cup finely chopped red onion – ½ cup chopped celery
– In a bowl, jar, or blender, combine the oil, lime juice, orange juice, brown sugar, cumin and salt.
– Add the water to the pot. – Place the potatoes on top of the trivet. Sprinkle with salt.
– Lock the lid in place and select high pressure.
– Set the cook time for 4 minutes. – When the timer goes off, turn the Instant Pot off and move the steam release valve to vent to release pressure. (Be careful; I always wear a potholder when I do this.)
– Drain and transfer to a bowl. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly. – While the potatoes are cooking, combine the olive oil, mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, garlic and crushed red pepper in a blender.
– Season to taste with salt and pepper and process until smooth. Put it Together – Place the potato in a large bowl and add red onion and celery. Toss with the vinaigrette and serve at room temperature or chilled.