about the recipe
Are you ready to impress your friends and family with an exquisite meal? Your tastebuds will explode with these delectable Instant Pot short ribs! With a marinade that packs a punch of flavor, you can get ready to bite into layers of tender, succulent meat, all cooked up in the convenience of your Instant Pot. With a few simple steps and limited hands on time, you can have a tasty meal that is special enough for entertaining but easy enough for a weeknight.
– 1/2 cup soy sauce – 1/2 cup water or beef broth – 1/3 cup light brown sugar – 2 tablespoons sesame oil – 2 teaspoons sea salt – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger – 1/2 teaspoon black pepper – 3 pounds bone in short ribs – 2 tablespoons butter – 1 yellow onion finely chopped – 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, sesame oil, salt, garlic powder, ginger, and black pepper.
– Place the ribs in a shallow dish and pour the sauce over. – Allow to sit at room temperature for an hour, or refrigerate overnight.
– Set your Instant Pot to HIGH saute, and add the butter.
– When the butter is melted, add the onion. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you have a lot of brown on the bottom of your Instant Pot, use a measuring spoon to remove ⅓ cup of the marinade from the beef ribs and pour in the pan. Scrape up the brown bits with a spoon. (This will prevent the burn signal.)
– Hit cancel and place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. – Use tongs to transfer the ribs to the Instant Pot and pour the marinade on top of the meat.
– Lock the lid in place and select HIGH pressure. – Cook for 45 minutes, and allow the pressure to release naturally.
– Carefully remove the ribs and trivet from the pot. – In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. – Select high saute and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the cornstarch slurry, and cook until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes.