about the recipe
If you're looking for a restaurant-quality dinner recipe that requires barely any work, then look no further than this Instant Pot Whole Chicken! This recipe is one of my go-to dinners when I want a juicy and luscious meal that's both easy to prepare and delicious. With the Instant Pot, you can whip up a succulent whole chicken in just a fraction of the time it would take in the oven, making it the perfect solution for those busy weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table without a lot of hands-on time.
– 1 - 3 to 4 pound whole chicken – 1 tablespoon sea salt – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – ½ teaspoon smoked paprika – ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper – ⅓ cup butter softened – 1 cup chicken broth
– Dry the chicken with paper towels and take the giblets out if your chicken has any. – In a small bowl, stir together the salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
– Divide the seasonings in half. Place the butter in a bowl and add half of the seasonings. Mix well with a fork to combine.
– Loosen the skin from the breast using your hand or a spoon. – Spread half of the butter mixture under the skin, and the remaining butter on top of the skin. Sprinkle the outside of the chicken with the remaining seasoning mixture.
– Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant pot and pour the broth into the pot.
– Add the chicken breast side up. – Set your Instant Pot to Manual - High Pressure, and set the time for 25 minutes.
– When the time is up, allow a natural pressure release, about 15 minutes. – Use your crisper lid to air fry for 5 minutes to brown the skin, or place it under the broiler until it is golden brown.
– Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.