about the recipe
If you are looking for a sweet and tangy dessert that is sure to impress, look no further than this Lemon Loaf. The moist and flavorful cake is infused with tangy lemon flavor, nutty poppy seeds, and a deliciously punchy glaze that will keep you coming back for more. Follow along, and I’ll guide you through the steps to bake this delicious dessert at home, providing helpful tips and photos along the way. From mixing the batter to baking and adding the finishing touches, I’ll cover everything you need to know to create the perfect lemon loaf cake.
– ½ cup butter at room temperature – ¾ cup sugar – 3 large eggs at room temperature – ⅓ cup lemon juice – 2 teaspoons lemon zest – 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract – 2 tablespoons poppy seeds optional – 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour – 2 teaspoons baking powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 1 cup sour cream at room temperature Lemon Glaze – 2 cups powdered sugar – 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus more to achieve desired texture
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing for an overhang.
– Beat in the lemon juice, zest, vanilla extract, and poppy seeds.
– In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
– Add the try mix to the butter mixture, alternating with the sour cream. Mix until just combined.
– Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
– To make the glaze, sift the powdered sugar into a bowl to remove any clumps. Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.