about the recipe
Get ready to indulge in a bowl of pure comfort with our recipe for Loaded Mashed Potatoes. These potatoes are the epitome of creamy goodness, with a velvety smooth texture that's sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters. They are perfect for a holiday meal or special occasion. Best of all, they're incredibly easy to make!
– 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cubed – 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes peeled and cubed – 3 cloves garlic peeled and sliced – 1 teaspoon sea salt divided – ½ cup unsalted butter – 1 cup sour cream – 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives – ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese divided – 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled – Optional: half and half or milk for thinning
– Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. – Put the cubed potatoes, garlic, and ½ teaspoon salt in a large saucepan and cover with water.
– Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
– Drain and return to the pot. Dice the butter and sprinkle over the potatoes. Mash with a potato masher. Stir in the sour cream, chives, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Stir in half of the cheese. If desired, thin with half and half, 1 tablespoon at a time.
– Transfer to the prepared baking dish sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and top with the bacon.
– Cover with foil and cook for 15 minutes.
– Remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes, until bubbly.