about the recipe
When it comes to comfort food, mashed potatoes are hard to beat. This recipe for Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes is one I never get tired of. Rich, creamy, and delicious, these potatoes will become a new family tradition!
– 4 pounds russet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks – ½ cup unsalted butter sliced – 8 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature – ¾ cup milk or half and half – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
– Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water.
– Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
– Drain and place the potatoes in a large bowl.
– Add the butter, and mash with a potato masher.
– In a separate bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, milk, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
– Stir into the mascarpone mixture and whisk until the mixture is smooth.