about the recipe
Ready in just 20 minutes, Mashed Potato Waffles are a genius way to transform your leftover mashed potatoes into something extraordinary. Using your waffle iron, these waffles turn out perfectly crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, and packed with flavor.
– 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes – ¾ cup shredded cheese – ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon – ¼ cup chopped chives – 2 large eggs lightly beaten – 2 tablespoons butter melted and cooled – ¼ cup all purpose flour – 1 teaspoon baking powder – ½ teaspoon sea salt
– Preheat your waffle iron to medium-high.
– Place the mashed potatoes in a bowl.
– Stir in the cheese, bacon, chives, eggs, butter, flour, baking powder, and salt.
– Spread the potato mixture into each waffle square.
– Close the lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.