about the recipe
Whether you need a tasty weeknight meal or something special for a party, give this Meatball Casserole recipe a try. It is easy to make, and the leftovers are just as good as the meal itself. Best of all, it's always a hit with kids and adults alike!
– 2 pounds ground beef – 1 cup panko breadcrumbs – ½ cup grated parmesan cheese – 3 eggs beaten – 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning – 2 teaspoons garlic powder – 2 teaspoons sea salt – 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – Casserole – 1 pound penne pasta – 4 cups marinara sauce divided (such as CrockPot marinara) – 15 ounces ricotta cheese – 16 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
– Preheat the oven to 475° F. – Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. – In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, panko, parmesan, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
– Form into 35 meatballs using a small cookie scoop to portion out the meatballs. – Transfer the meatballs to a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook for 11 minutes until cooked through.
– While the meatballs are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions. – Reduce the oven to 350 ° F.
– Pour over the chicken.
– Transfer the meatballs to a large bowl and add the drained cooked pasta. – Toss ¾ cup of the marinara with the cooked pasta and meatballs. – Place ¼ cup of the marinara in the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole dish and add the pasta and meatballs on top.