about the recipe
This easy Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp is a one-pot dessert that is perfect for fall! Granny Smith apples are peeled, sliced, and cooked with lemon juice and sugar before being topped with an oat and flour topping. We then cook the topping to crispy perfection right in the Foodi. Serve warm with ice cream and caramel sauce for a delicious treat!
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter – 3 pounds Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored, and sliced thin – 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice – ½ cup granulated sugar – Topping – ¾ cup old fashioned oats – ½ cup all purpose flour – ⅓ cup light brown sugar – ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ½ cup unsalted butter chilled and diced (1 stick)
– Turn your Ninja Foodi to medium saute and add 2 tablespoons of butter.
– When the Foodi is preheated, and the butter is melted, add the apples, lemon juice, and granulated sugar.
– Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. – Hit cancel. – Meanwhile, while the apples sauté, combine the oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
– Add the butter, and use clean fingers to incorporate.
– Scatter the topping over the apples. – Close the lid and move the slider to AIR FRY/STOVETOP, then use the dial to select BAKE/ROAST. Use the up and down arrows and set the temperature to 325° F. (Controls may vary by model.).
– Set the timer for 30 minutes and press START/STOP to begin cooking. – When the time is up, carefully open the lid and allow to sit for 10 minutes. – Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.