about the recipe
For a comforting bowl of soup with limited hands-on time, you are going to love this Ninja Foodi Chicken Noodle Soup. Follow these simple steps to make this comfort food classic all in the pot of your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker. With less than 15 minutes of active time, this is an easy and delicious meal you will love.
– 2 tablespoons butter – 1 large yellow onion chopped – 4 celery stalks chopped – 3 large carrots peeled and cut into pieces – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – 1 pound cooked chicken meat diced or shredded – 8 cups chicken broth – 5 ounces uncooked egg noodles – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 bay leaves – ½ bunch thyme – 1 tablespoon lemon juice – 2 tablespoons parsley minced
– Select SEAR/SAUTE and set to high. Allow to preheat for about 5 minutes, and then add the butter. – When the butter melts, add the onion, celery and carrots. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Add the garlic, and cook for one more minute. – Hit cancel, and add the chicken broth, chicken, egg noodles, salt and pepper.
– Use the back of a spoon to submerge the egg noodles in the broth. – Add the bay leaves and thyme sprigs on top and submerge in the broth.
– Select PRESSURE and set to HI. Set the time to 3 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
– When the pressure cooking is complete, do a quick release of the pressure by carefully moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Remove the lid.
– Remove the thyme and bay leaf from the pot. – Stir in the lemon juice and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.