about the recipe
For all the comfort of a loaded baked potato in the confines of a delicious bowl of soup, Ninja Foodi Potato Soup is perfect! Not only is this one-pot meal super-easy to make, it is loaded with the comforting flavors you love. Make it once, and you will be hooked.
– 4 ounces bacon chopped (about 4 slices) – 1 onion chopped – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 3 cups chicken broth – 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced – 2 cups whole milk – 1 cup grated cheddar plus more for topping – 1 cup grated smoked gouda – ½ cup sour cream – Toppings: Bacon chives, shredded cheese, sour cream
– Set your Ninja Foodi to sauté’. – When it is preheated, add the bacon and cook until crispy.
– Remove the bacon with tongs, and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. – Add the onion to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. – Add the garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot and cook for another minute.
– Pour in half of the chicken broth into the pot and scrape down any bits remaining.
– Stir in the remaining broth and add the potatoes on top. – Hit cancel, and set your Ninja Foodi to high pressure. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
– When the timer goes off, do a quick release. – Set the Ninja Foodi to a low saute (about 4), and stir in the milk and cheese.
– Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. – Hit cancel and stir in the sour cream. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
– Taste and season with salt and pepper. – Serve warm, topped with bacon, chives, cheese, and sour cream.