about the recipe
For a delicious treat that is sure to bring smiles to your family and friends, give these easy Nutella Thumbprint Cookies a try! They are super easy to make and only require ingredients you probably already have in your fridge and pantry. Give them a try, and they are sure to become a family staple.
– 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour – ½ teaspoon salt – ½ teaspoon baking soda – ¼ teaspoon baking powder – ¾ cup unsalted butter at room temperature – ¾ cup granulated sugar – 3 ounces cream cheese at room temperature – 1 large egg at room temperature – 2 teaspoon vanilla extract – ½ cup Nutella
– Preheat your oven to 350° F. – Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. – Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
– In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar for 3 minutes at medium speed. – Add the cream cheese, and beat for another minute.
– Add the egg and vanilla, and beat for another minute.
– Reduce the speed to low, and add the flour a little at a time. Beat until just incorporated.
– Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
– Use a small cookie scoop to measure out the cookies.
– Roll into balls and place on the cookie sheet. – Make an indentation in the center of each cookie using a teaspoon measure or your thumb.
– Bake for 10 minutes. – Meanwhile, microwave the Nutella for 30 seconds, and then stir well.
– Transfer to a zip-top bag, then snip a corner hole. (You could also use a piping bag.) – Remove the cookies from the oven, and reshape the indentations with a teaspoon.
– Fill the indentations with Nutella. – Bake for another 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. – Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.