about the recipe
Looking for a delicious roast recipe? Look no further than this oven-roasted tri-tip! It is super easy and takes just minutes of prep time. This juicy and flavorful roast is perfect for feeding a small crowd and is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
– 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns – 2 teaspoons sea salt – 2 teaspoons garlic powder – 2 ½ pounds tri tip roast – 2 tablespoons avocado oil
– Trim the silver skin from the bottom of the tri-tip. – Crush the peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or the back of a butter knife. Alternatively, you can coarsely grind them in a pepper mill.
– Place in a small bowl, and add the salt and garlic powder.
– Spread the mixture on the outside of the roast. Allow the seasoned meat to sit at room temperature for an hour, or refrigerate on a wire rack set on top of a baking sheet overnight.
– If refrigerating, allow the roast to sit at room temperature for an hour before cooking. – Preheat the oven to 250° F.
– Place the roast in a pan. Cook for 50 minutes until the thickest part registers 110 degrees. – Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
– Cook the steak until well seared and the internal temperature reaches 125°F (or the desired temperature), about 3 minutes per side. – Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.