about the recipe
Peanut Butter Blossoms may be a Christmas classic, but why not enjoy them for other holidays? This delicious variation is made with chocolate hearts for a perfect Valentine's Day treat! Share them with that special someone, or whip up a batch for the whole family.
– 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour 195 grams – ¾ teaspoons baking soda – ½ teaspoon baking powder – ¼ teaspoon table salt – ½ cup granulated sugar 100 grams plus additional for rolling – ½ cup lightly packed light brown sugar 105 grams – ¾ cup creamy peanut butter 195 grams – ½ cup butter softened (115 grams) – 1 egg – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – 32 heart-shaped Hershey chocolates
– In a large mixing bowl, beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
– Add the flour mixture and stir on low speed until just combined.
– Portion into balls, using 1 ½ tablespoons of dough for each ball.
Press the ball tightly, then roll in granulated sugar until coated.
Place on a baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
– Bake 10-12 minutes, or until there are cracks across the top of each cookie. Remove from the oven and immediately press a chocolate heart into each cookie. Cool completely.