about the recipe
Do you love the taste of peppermint mocha? If you do, you're going to love these Peppermint Mocha Cookies! They taste like the much-loved coffee drink but in a delicious cookie form. Plus, they're really easy to make, so you can still make them even if you're not a skilled baker. Perfect for Christmas or any winter gathering!
– Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments, stopping to stir in between. – Allow to cool.
– Dissolve the coffee powder in hot water in a small dish. – In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
– In the bowl of a stand mixture, beat together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. – Add the coffee mixture, cooled chocolate and egg and beat again.
– Beat in the flour mixture a little at a time over low heat until just combined. – Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. – Roll the dough into 1 ¼ inch balls and arrange on ungreased cookie sheets.
– Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until set. – Let stand on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
– Beat the butter on medium-high in the bowl of a stand mixer.
– Add the sugar, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Beat until incorporated. – Scrape down the bowl, and beat for another 15 seconds.
– Scrape again, and add the mild peppermint extract, and food coloring. – Beat over medium until incorporated, then increase the speed to medium-high.
– Beat for 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape down occasionally. – Frost the cooled cookies and then sprinkle with the peppermint candies.