about the recipe
Looking for a festive treat that is so tasty you will want to enjoy it throughout the year? Get ready to indulge in some deliciousness! You are going to love these Peppermint Snowball Cookies. They are the perfect holiday nibble guaranteed to get you in the spirit of the season.
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. – Stir together the flour and salt in a medium bowl.
– In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, avocado oil, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and ¾ cups powdered sugar for 3 minutes over medium speed.
– Add the egg yolk and beat until combined. – Add the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, over low until combined.
– Stir in ¼ cup of the peppermint.
– Using a tablespoon measure, shape the dough into 32 balls. – Arrange the balls on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 12 to 18 minutes.
– Cool on the baking sheet for 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. – Place the remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar and peppermint in a bowl. – Roll the cookies in the sugar mixture to coat.