about the recipe
When you need to wow a crowd, this Picanha Roast delivers. It is tender and juicy on the inside with a lightly charred crust you will love. Give it a try, and this simple recipe will become your go-to for entertaining.
– 3 pounds picanha roast also called ribeye cap or rump cover – 1 tablespoon sea salt – 1 tablespoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – Avocado oil
– Score the picanha using a sharp knife. – Place the picanha on a roasting pan on a rack.
– In a small bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, and fresh ground black pepper. – Rub the seasoning on the outside of the roast, and refrigerate overnight.
– Bring to room temperature for 1 hour. – Preheat the oven to 200° F. – Cook the meat for 1 hour.
– Preheat a skillet or Blackstone Griddle to high heat. – Add avocado oil to the cooking surface.
– Cook the meat for about four minutes per side until it is seared and an instant-read thermometer reads 135 ° F for medium rare.
– Allow to rest for 10 minutes, and then slice.