about the recipe
Warm freshly cooked cornbread without heating up the oven? Yes, please! This Pressure Cooker Cornbread has all the taste you love without taking up space in your oven. It is the perfect way to elevate your meal without a lot of hands-on time.
– 2 large eggs room temperature – 1 1/2 cups buttermilk – 6 tablespoons melted butter slightly cooled (plus more butter for serving) – 1 cup yellow cornmeal – 1 cup all-purpose flour – 1/4 cup white sugar – 3 tablespoons light brown sugar – 2 teaspoons baking powder – 1 teaspoon baking soda – 1 teaspoon salt – 1/2 teaspoon dried sage – Optional: Shredded cheese
– Spray a 7” cake pan or springform pan well with cooking spray or grease it with butter.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, and butter until frothy.
– Combine the cornmeal, flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sage in a large bowl.
– Add the egg mixture and stir to combine.
– If desired, add in the cheese.
-Stir to combine.
– Pour batter into the prepared pan, and wrap tightly in foil. – Pour one cup of water into your Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot, and place the trivet on top. – Place the prepared pan on the trivet.
– Put the pressure cooking lid on your pressure cooker, and set the timer for 50 minutes. – When the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally - at least 10 more minutes, and then remove the lid. – Wipe off any moisture that it on the foil, and then remove the pan from the Foodi.
– Unwrap, and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then remove from the pan.
– Serve warm with butter.