about the recipe
Looking for a delicious and healthy snack that's perfect for busy days or intense workouts? Look no further than these protein power bars made with real food ingredients. These bars are packed with protein and other essential nutrients to keep you fueled and energized throughout the day. Whether you're always on the go, herding cats at work, training for a sport, or all of the above, these bars are a great choice.
– ½ cup quinoa rinsed and raw – ½ cup chia seeds – ¼ cup flax seeds – ¼ cup shredded coconut sweetened – 1 cup rolled oats / old fashioned oatmeal* – ½ cup almonds chopped – ½ cup dried cranberries – ⅔ cup peanut butter – ⅔ cup honey or maple syrup – ¼ teaspoon salt – 1 teaspoon cinnamon – 1 teaspoon cardamom – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Preheat oven to 350 F / 177 C. Line the interior of a 9 x 9 x 2-inch (23 x 23 x 5 cm) or 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with parchment.
– Combine the quinoa, chia, flax, coconut, oatmeal and almonds on a sheet tray and bake for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
– Meanwhile, in a large pot, mix the peanut butter and honey together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and vanilla extract.
– Add the toasted ingredients and dried cranberries, and stir until evenly coated.
– Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and pack it down to ensure it fills into each corner and creates an even, flat surface on top. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
– Once set, gently remove the hardened mixture from the pan by lifting by the parchment paper, and cut into bars.