about the recipe
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes are simple yet satisfying. This easy-to-follow recipe will guide you through the process of creating a dish that's crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and bursting with flavor. Using your trusty oven and a baking sheet, you'll transform these humble vegetables into a side dish that's sure to impress.
– 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into ½ inch pieces – 1 pound Brussels sprouts halved (quarter large sprouts) – 1 small red onion cut into moons – 3 tablespoons avocado oil – 1 tablespoon maple syrup – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes – ⅓ cup chopped pecans toasted
– Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Place the sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and red onion in a bowl.
– Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
– Cook for 35 to 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
– Top with the pecans.