about the recipe
This homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread is the best way to elevate any family meal! You can't go wrong when you start with a course of deliciously tender bread and top it off with herbaceous rosemary and flaky sea salt. It's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
– ¾ cup warm water 105 - 110 degrees Fahrenheit – 1 tablespoon sugar – 1 tablespoon active dry yeast – 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend – 1 teaspoon xanthan gum – 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 1 egg room temperature – 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided – For topping: Fresh or dried rosemary, flaky salt, fresh ground black pepper
– Place the water in a small dish or measuring cup and stir in sugar and yeast. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture is foamy. – While the yeast is resting, mix together flour, xanthan gum, rosemary, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
– In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the yeast mixture and mix well. – Add the liquid to the flour mixture, and beat well in a stand mixer for 3 to 4 minutes. The dough should come together, but will remain sticky.
– Brush with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. – Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 35 minutes.
– Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. – Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
– Allow to cool on a wire rack. Cut into wedges and serve. – This bread is best served fresh, but may be frozen and reheated.