about the recipe
When you are craving a juicy steak, this Seared Flank Steak with Herb Butter is the perfect option. We start by searing flavorful marinated steak and then top it with a delicious herb butter for a company-worthy dinner that is easy enough for a busy weeknight.
Butter – ¼ cup unsalted butter at room temperature – 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley – 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil – 1 teaspoon lemon juice – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper Steak – 1 ½ - 2 ½ pounds flank steak – ¼ cup avocado oil – ¼ cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon oregano – 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt – Oil for cooking
– Pulse until well combined. Transfer to a piece of parchment paper and form into a log. – Refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving.
– Combine the avocado oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, oregano, and salt in a medium bowl.
– Pour over the steak. – Allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate up to overnight.
– Preheat the skillet to high heat. – Add additional oil to the skillet if desired. – Cook for 5 minutes per side until an instant-read thermometer reads 125° F. (If the steak starts to cook too quickly, turn the heat down to medium.)
– Transfer to a cutting board and top with the herb butter. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. – Slice the steak against the grain and top with additional herb butter if desired.