about the recipe
Transform your side dish game with these skillet balsamic green beans. A quick sauté with balsamic vinegar creates a delightful combination of flavors and textures in this simple yet elegant dish. The green beans are cooked to crisp-tender perfection in a tangy-sweet glaze that will have everyone asking for seconds. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and has step-by-step photo instructions to ensure success in your kitchen.
– 2 tablespoons butter divided – 1 small red onion halved and sliced – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – ⅔ cup broth – ½ pound green beans trimmed – 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ cup walnuts toasted
– Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
– Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
– Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Pour the broth in, and cook for another 4 minutes.
– Add the beans and the vinegar. Cover, and cook for 4 minutes.
– Toss with walnuts and serve.